Friday, January 24, 2014




Hello,

I hope this communication finds all of you off to a great start to the New Year. My name is Rusty Scarborough and I am the Director of Soccer for CASL. Since we do not have our Annual General Meeting anymore it may be that we have not met or seen each other in a while.
Beginning this month, January, 2014, I will include a post, monthly, on the CASL Challenge and Recreation Division blog. Each month I will have a theme to discuss and this one is just to say hello and make a few announcements for the upcoming season. I will also include a Technical Training segment each month, provided by Sean Nahas, our ECNL Director at CASL. The ECNL is our Elite Clubs National League that our top female players play in throughout the year. In future post, I will have themes on Coaching Education, Parent Education, Player Development and different announcements recognizing our teams, players and coaches form all of our playing divisions.
This post is the first of many and I want to thank each of you for all you do for CASL. I hope you join me in saying that we are a part of one of the best youth soccer clubs in the country. I feel fortunate to be able to work with so many quality people, day to day, that show the Character, Attitude, Success and Love of the game it takes to be great.
Now I would like to make a few announcements that will help you prepare for the next 6 months and catch you up on some exciting news. If you ever have anything that warrants inclusion to my monthly communication please do not hesitate to send to me.

February 17thStart of spring training
June 13-15 – NSCAA and CASL will be hosting a NSCAA Level 6 coaching course for our Recreation and Challenge coaches. Because of our partnership with NSCAA and CASL being the only Platinum Club member, the first 75 CASL coaches that register will be able to attend at no cost. This course will be held at our WRAL Soccer Center and I will be the lead instructor along with additional staff assigned at a later date. Please stay tune for more details about how to register.


  • Damon Nahas, CASL Technical Director just got back from another stint as the U15G National Team coach and also has been involved with the US Full Women’s National team as a Technical Trainer
  • Sean Nahas, CASL ECNL Director continues to be involved with the U14G National team as a staff coach and also was a clinician at the NSCAA Convention in Philadelphia
  • Taylor Otto, CASL player for the U16/U17 Girls ECNL teams received the Youth All American award at the NSCAA Convention 

Come out and support our partner the Carolina Railhawks at all of their home games. We will be sending out a calendar of all CASL and Railhawk game events very soon. Let’s make this season at the CASL Towers a big success.

Coming soon will be an announcement of a new NSCAA/CASL Co-Branded CASL Badge – Special Topics course to be taught in August, 2014. This will be an exciting new Coaching Education piece for us all

Finally, I have included a Technical Training segment from Sean Nahas, CASL ECNL Director for your enjoyment and education. Again, I will have one of these each month.  This session will also be stored in the "CASL Technical session" located on the left hand column of the blog.
Once again, thank you for all you do for CASL and if you have a question or something to include in my monthly communication, please do not hesitate to email or call me directly.


Rusty Scarborough
CASL Director of Soccer
Rusty.scarborough@caslnc.com
919-834-9899

No comments:

Post a Comment