Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welcome

Recreation Coaches,

Welcome to the Coaches Connection blog.  This blog is going to be the primary method in which I plan to communicate with all of the recreation coaches starting this season.  Please take a little bit of time to familiarize yourself with the layout of the blog.

There are 3 primary sections to the blog.  The central portion of the page is the storage site for all of the blog messages.  On the left side of the blog, notice that there are a few separate sections denoted sportsmanship focus, training session examples, activity of the week and coaching links.  The right hand panel of the blog has the subscriber tool, useful links, parents library, and the archive tool for old blog posts.  I will briefly describe them below.

Sportsmanship focus - I will explain in detail in the next mass email communication.

Training session examples - I plan to post different training session examples here (8-10).  These are specific sessions that can be run in entirety or modified as needed.  In the coming days I am going to be firming up a weekly schedule in which I will hold weekly coaching clinics.  In these clinics, I will be running these sessions that I post.

Activity of the week - I will post in this section (1-3) different activities.  Have a look at them as I will detail the setup of the activities as well as specific coaching points.

Coaching links - I will store links to documents that I find beneficial for you to have access to.

Useful links - links to schedules, field maps, ect.

Parents library - Files that I find will be beneficial for parents.  You can direct the parents to the blog or send these files to your parents if you like.


Bryan Farnsworth
Director of Recreation - Coaching Education and Player Development



No comments:

Post a Comment